To cut costs and add capacity along with decreasing your carbon footprint, intermodal shipping is a fantastic shipping option. Using a combination of rail and truck, intermodal transportation uses multiple methods of transportation to deliver freight to its destination.
Saves Time and Money with Intermodal Shipping:
Companies shipping truckloads over 650 miles now have a real alternative in domestic intermodal. Gulf Coast Logistics offers door-to-door intermodal on 40’ & 53′ equipment to maximize shipping lane capacity, minimize costs and guarantee reliable delivery of their products.
Key Advantages Intermodal has over Truckload:
- An average of 15% to 18% cost savings
- Capacity solution for constrained truckload lanes
- More visibility with up-to-the-minute tracking
- Truck competitive transit times
- Enhanced security
- Decreased highway congestion
- Improved carbon footprint